пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

drenai tales




Stationary, I am a paperphile, I�love sleek fountain pens and pretty pads and swanky leather bound note books, canapos;t get enough of them, over the years I�must have spent hundreds on paper and paper related products of every hue and description. My dream one day is to own a Mont Blanc fountain pen, which will be filled with ledger book blue ink (a sort of blue/black) and open an exquistely hand crafted, beautifully tooled italian leather bound note book and write something beautiful and perhaps then illuminate it with any one of the expensive calligrpahy sets that I�own.

BUT�ITapos;S NEVER�GOING�TO�BLOODY�HAPPEN

Do you know why? Well I�shall tell you why, because it irks me, really really irks me. I have at least a half a dozen 59p red and black style knock offs from staples, which have been filled, scrawled in hurriedly (and I�use the word scrawled in the loosest possible sense as even my scruffy handwriting is still incredibly elegant, hehe the benefit of a catholic education in my formative years and being made to write in copperplate), with nary a mistake in any of them. They are the result of 5 years worth of work and research and operations completed of various kinds. BUT the minute, the bloody minute I�buy a decent book to transcribe it all in, with a pretty decent �50 Cross fountain pen, I�can guarantee there will be a mistake on the very first page, and my inner OCD canapos;t cope with that, the book is then ruined, itapos;s purpose nullified, it has been marked as profane, so it will be cast aside like so many before.

Oh I�have tried so carefully remove that offending first (and last) page, but the words that were written, the offending mistake seep through the leaves of the folio like red wine seeping slowley across a snow white table cloth, you can wash it, you can bleach it, but never, never will that table cloth have such a brilliant hue, ruined
drenai tales, drenai series, drenai saga, drenai map.



Комментариев нет: